Species Extiction Awareness Creation Project Proposal (Ghana)
The objectives of the project are:
- To help the people of Ghana, particularly the communities around the Atiwa Forest Reserve in the Eastern Region of Ghana understand the term “biological diversity”
- To conserve biological resources in and around the Atiwa Forest.
- To reduce rural poverty
- To get the local communities to contribute to the protection of natural resources in their localities.
- To get the support of the local traditional authorities in conserving natural resources in community forests.
- To educate pressmen on conservation issues.
- To inculcate conservation concerns in school children at Anyinam and its environs.
- To implement the National Biodiversity Strategy section on public Education
The results can seen on the CHM website of Ghana