- WWF article about the link between pandemics and the destruction of nature, and policy brief about bushmeat (Belgian Biodiversity Platform) [posted on: 01/04/2020]
- New publication: "Ecosystem services assessment tools for African Biosphere Reserves: A review and user-informed classification" [posted on: 20/03/2020]
- The 2nd meeting of the Open-ended Working Group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (OEWG-2), in Rome [posted on: 11/03/2020]
- Workshop in Entebbe, Uganda on the use of biodiversity data for decision-making [posted on: 03/03/2020]
- CEBioS is looking for a Scientific Programme Officer [posted on: 12/02/2020]
CEBioS stands for ‘Capacities for Biodiversity and Sustainable Development’.
CEBioS is a programme of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), where it belongs to the Operational Directorate ‘Nature’. CEBioS is part of the ‘BIOPOLS’ group and is closely associated with the Belgian Focal Point to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
The CEBioS programme carries out capacity building for partners of the Belgian cooperation in the field of biodiversity conservation and sustainable management linked to poverty eradication. It works in the framework of international obligations of Belgium under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the Belgian biodiversity strategy 2020.
The CEBioS programme is financed by the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) through a protocol of cooperation between the Ministry of development cooperation and the Ministry of science policy.
Discover CEBioS with this short video: