- Launch of a new policy brief: 'Les services écosystémiques dans la Réserve de Biosphère de la Pendjari (Bénin)' [posted on: 21/09/2018]
- CEBioS at Bruxelles Champêtre [posted on: 18/09/2018]
- Four new videos about biodiversity and development cooperation are now available [posted on: 31/08/2018]
- In Memoriam – Taghi Farvar [posted on: 16/08/2018]
- Restitution des résultats de recherche sur les écosystèmes souterrains aquatiques du Bénin [posted on: 20/07/2018]
CEBioS stands for ‘Capacities for Biodiversity and Sustainable Development’.
CEBioS is a programme of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), where it belongs to the Operational Directorate ‘Nature’. CEBioS is part of the ‘BIOPOLS’ group and is closely associated with the Belgian Focal Point to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
The CEBioS programme carries out capacity building for partners of the Belgian cooperation in the field of biodiversity conservation and sustainable management linked to poverty eradication. It works in the framework of international obligations of Belgium under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the EU biodiversity strategy to 2020 and the Belgian biodiversity strategy 2020.
The CEBioS programme is financed by the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) through a protocol of cooperation between the Ministry of development cooperation and the Ministry of science policy.
Discover CEBioS with this short video: