- Let's save biodiversity, together and now! The launch of a unique communication campaign... [posted on: 22/05/2020]
- The African Center for Aquatic Research and Education (ACARE) released its first annual report [posted on: 15/05/2020]
- The 2020 GTI external call for proposals is open! [posted on: 08/05/2020]
- CEBioS is looking for a new Scientific Officer (capacity builder and researcher in marine modelling) [posted on: 05/05/2020]
- Article in the 'Journal Karibu' (DR Congo) about the CSB-CEBioS partnership [posted on: 29/04/2020]
CEBioS stands for ‘Capacities for Biodiversity and Sustainable Development’.
CEBioS is a programme of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), where it belongs to the Operational Directorate ‘Nature’. CEBioS is part of the ‘BIOPOLS’ group and is closely associated with the Belgian Focal Point to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
The CEBioS programme carries out capacity building for partners of the Belgian cooperation in the field of biodiversity conservation and sustainable management linked to poverty eradication. It works in the framework of international obligations of Belgium under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the Belgian biodiversity strategy 2020.
The CEBioS programme is financed by the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) through a protocol of cooperation between the Ministry of development cooperation and the Ministry of science policy.
Discover CEBioS with this short video: