- Belgian development cooperation actors in Bujumbura, Burundi for a strategic dialogue session [posted on: 23/10/2019]
- Workshop about Lake Tanganyika fishery at the CRH Uvira, DR Congo [posted on: 23/10/2019]
- Paper on aquatic macroinvertebrate assemblages from Lake Nokoué (Benin) [posted on: 21/10/2019]
- CEBioS attended AfriMAB’s 6th General Assembly [posted on: 11/10/2019]
- 1st CHM & GBIF joined meeting at the RBINS [posted on: 09/10/2019]
CEBioS stands for ‘Capacities for Biodiversity and Sustainable Development’.
CEBioS is a programme of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), where it belongs to the Operational Directorate ‘Nature’. CEBioS is part of the ‘BIOPOLS’ group and is closely associated with the Belgian Focal Point to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
The CEBioS programme carries out capacity building for partners of the Belgian cooperation in the field of biodiversity conservation and sustainable management linked to poverty eradication. It works in the framework of international obligations of Belgium under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the EU biodiversity strategy to 2020 and the Belgian biodiversity strategy 2020.
The CEBioS programme is financed by the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) through a protocol of cooperation between the Ministry of development cooperation and the Ministry of science policy.
Discover CEBioS with this short video: