- "Wild animals and human health: a common and urgent fight" [posted on: 09/07/2020]
- Launch of the UNEP-ILRI report on "Preventing the Next Pandemic: Zoonotic Diseases and How to Break the Chain of Transmission" [posted on: 08/07/2020]
- Three presentations by CEBioS at the GEO BON open science conference [posted on: 08/07/2020]
- Now available: 'Farmers’ preferences towards water hyacinth control: A contingent valuation study' [posted on: 30/06/2020]
- Let's save biodiversity, together and now! The launch of a unique communication campaign... [posted on: 22/05/2020]
CEBioS stands for ‘Capacities for Biodiversity and Sustainable Development’.
CEBioS is a programme of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), where it belongs to the Operational Directorate ‘Nature’. CEBioS is part of the ‘BIOPOLS’ group and is closely associated with the Belgian Focal Point to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
The CEBioS programme carries out capacity building for partners of the Belgian cooperation in the field of biodiversity conservation and sustainable management linked to poverty eradication. It works in the framework of international obligations of Belgium under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the Belgian biodiversity strategy 2020.
The CEBioS programme is financed by the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) through a protocol of cooperation between the Ministry of development cooperation and the Ministry of science policy.
Discover CEBioS with this short video: