This website is the Belgian contribution to the Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD). It was originally launched in 1996 and has undergone many changes since then.
The objectives of the website are to:
- deliver information on the Convention on Biological Diversity and its implementation in Belgium;
- provide on-line versions of Belgian strategic documents related to the Convention (national reports, strategies, actions plans, etc.);
- offer information on the status of biodiversity in Belgium;
- make links to Internet-based biodiversity information in Belgium;
- offer a window for scientific and technical cooperation in the field of biodiversity;
- promote public awareness and education on biodiversity.
The website is maintained by the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, in its quality of Belgian National Focal Point to the Clearing-House Mechanism.
Any person involved in the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity in Belgium can contribute to the content of the website. A request to participate can be sent to the CHM Focal Point at cbd-chm[at]naturalsciences.be.
It is possible to be informed about updates on this site by subscribing to an automatic notification system. You can choose a section of the site and the frequency of the notification on http://www.biodiv.be/portal_notification/my_subscriptions_html