The 4th Global Biodiversity Outlook (GBO)
To download the document in one of the six UN languages, presson the photo.
International day of CBD
Welcome to Sudan CHM
The Higher Coucil for Environment and Natural Resources will organize a series of technical workshops with Key stakholders from both government and private sector and representatives of local communities and media starting from 6 Augest 2017. The objective of the worksops is to identify ABS related gaps, shortcomings and options to enhance coherence and complementarities with other existing laws, regulations and specialized ABS mechanisms
21/06/2017 , Sudan Academy of Banking studies
Inception workshop for Global ABS project
The Higher Council for Environment and Natural resources will hold the inception workshop for the global ABS project to strengthen institutional, legal and human resources for implementation of Nagoya Protocolutional. The workshop will be held at the parliament (National Assembly) on 24th May 2017.
24/05/2017 , Khartoum
- Second and Third consultation workshops on ABS law [posted on: 08/08/2017]
- The first Consultation workshop on Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) law [posted on: 07/08/2017]
- The National Inception Workshop for ABS Global Project "Strengthening human resources, legal frameworks and institutional capacities to implement the Nagoya Protocol [posted on: 30/05/2017]
- News from the APGRC [posted on: 18/12/2016]
- Ali Zakaria : Assessing the genetic diversity of cowpea [posted on: 26/01/2016]
- Approval of the report on Biodiversity strategy and Action Plan [posted on: 04/01/2016]
- Closing workshop for National Planning for Biodiversity [posted on: 08/11/2015]
- Publication of a scientific paper on Cowpea genetic resources from Sudan [posted on: 05/08/2015]
- News from the APGRC [posted on: 30/07/2015]
- International Day of Biodiversity [posted on: 26/05/2015]
- Sudan Ratified Nagoya Protocol [posted on: 06/05/2014]
- Delegates to the tenth meeting of the Ad Hoc Open-ended Working Group on Article 8(j) and Related Provisions of the Convention on Biological Diversity agreed on a set of recommendations related to the contributions of indigenous peoples and local communities to the Convention on Biological Diversity. The recommendations from the meeting will be sent to the Conference of the Parties at the 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference being held in Egypt in 2018.
- I and my colleagues here at the Secretariat are greatly saddened to learn that Dr. Calestous Juma, former Executive Secretary to the Convention on Biological Diversity, has passed away.
- Delegates to the science body of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) closed their meeting this week, sending a number of recommendations to the next UN Biodiversity Conference that set the stage for achievement of the Aichi Biodiversity Targets, and preparation of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework.
- Statement by the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, at the Twenty-First Meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice, 11-14 December 2017, Montreal, Canada
- Statement by the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, at the Tenth meeting of the ad hoc open-ended Working Group on Article 8(j) and related provisions of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Montreal, Canada, 13 December 2017