Belgium joins international bee coalition
Together with eleven other countries, Belgium signed the Declaration of the international Coalition of the Willing on Pollinators. Many more countries, organisations and businesses want to join.
“The declaration is a good start in worldwide protection of pollinators since they are not bind by borders”, one of the signatories declared.
The coalition of the Willing on Pollinators commit to:
- take action to protect pollinators and their habitats by developing and implementing national pollinator strategies;
- share experience and lessons learnt in developing and implementing national pollinator strategies, especially knowledge on new approaches, innovations and best practices;
- reach out to seek collaboration with a broad spectrum of stakeholders – countries as well as businesses, NGO’s, farmers, local communities;
- develop research on pollinator conservation;
- mutually support and collaborate with each other – and those parties that are willing to join the coalition.