Training and presentations
An important task of the National Focal Point is to inform and raise awareness on biodiversity. One possible way to do so is by organizing and/or delivering formations and presentations.
Some examples of subjects:
• an introduction to biodiversity
• an introduction to ecosystem services
• suggestions and case studies to improve taking biodiversity into consideration in other sectors
• international, European, Belgian, … obligations regarding biodiversity
• actions and tricks to engage for biodiversity
We organised, mostly in collaboration with partners such as the FPS Environment, training courses for the environment principals of federal public services, railway personnel, teachers, etc.
If you wish to organize a formation or presentation for (part of) your personnel, group, association, … then don’t hesitate to contact us through nfp-cbd<at>naturalsciences.be.
Schools can also consult our Dutch and French websites for more information on biodiversity and for countless hints, tricks and tools to approach biodiversity in class. Similar information and tools on bees are available on www.levedebijen.be / www.vivelesabeilles.be.
We also provide material for those who organize fairs or parlours and who welcome information booths. If the fair and our team agenda allow for this, we can present a booth on the spot.