UN Biodiversity Conference results in significant commitments for action on biodiversity
Agreements reached on actions to integrate biodiversity in forestry, fisheries, agriculture, and tourism sectors and to achieve the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development:
- Pledges and commitments in support of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity made by Business;
- Cities and Subnational Authorities, IPLCs and Youth;
- Capacity-building strategy agreed for the Convention and its Protocols;
- Protected areas on the land and in the oceans and seas, expanding considerably, with Mexico increasing marine protection to 23 per cent;
- Marine agenda advances with work on marine debris, underwater noise and spatial planning;
- Decisions made on Climate-related Geoengineering, synthetic biology and others.
Related news articles in Belgium:
Newsroom of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
Please note that this information has expired.