Professor vacancy in the field of Nematology at Ghent University (Closed)
The faculty of Sciences has a vacancy for a professorship, starting from October 1, 2010. It concerns a position as full-time Professor in the rank of Lecturer (docent) (Tenure Track system) in the Department of Biology, charged with academic teaching, scientific research and carrying out scientific duties in the field of Nematology, in the following areas: taxonomy, morphology and phylogeny.
|Source||Prof. Dr. Wilfrida Decraemer|
- candidates should hold a PhD with a doctoral thesis in sciences: biology or a degree recognized as equivalent;
- candidates are required to have at least two years of postdoctoral experience on October 1, 2010;
- candidates are required to have research experience in the field of morphology, taxonomy and phylogeny of terrestrial metodes, proved by contributions to ternational and international conferences and by recent publications in national and international peer reviewed journals;
- he/she will have to support and expand the Master programmes in Nematology;
- candidates are required to have experience in supervising undergraduate and graduate research activities in Nematology;
- having proved experience in international mobility, amongst others through participation in research programmes at research institutions not linked to the university where the highest degree was obtained, is recommended;
- candidates are required to possess the necessary didactic, organizational and communicative skills for teaching at an academic level, in both Master programmes in Nematology, as well as in Biology-related courses at Bachelor- and Master level. The teaching languages are Dutch and English; sufficient knowledge of both languages is thus required.
Also persons who do not speak Dutch as a native language are welcome to apply. The successful non-Dutch speaking applicant is expected to be able to teach in Dutch starting the third academic year after the appointment. The governing language at Ghent University is Dutch.
More detailed information on this vacancy can be obtained from prof. Ann Huysseune, head of the department, Ann.Huysseune@UGent.be
This full-time position is a tenure-track temporary appointment for a period of five years, at the end of which a tenure decision will be taken as full-time Professor in the rank of Senior Lecturer (hoofddocent), depending on an overall evaluation.
Applications must be sent in duplicate by registered mail to the rector of Ghent University, Rectorate building, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, 9000 Ghent, using the specific application form for tenured academic staff (ZAP). It should include the candidate’s view on research, education and services to be performed during the five year tenure track period as well as the necessary proofs of competence (copies of degrees), the 12th of March, 2010 at the latest.
The application forms for Autonomous Academic Staff (ZAP):
- can be obtained at Ghent University, Department of Personnel and Organization, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, 9000 Gent.
- can be requested by phone: +32 (0) 9 264 31 29 or + 32 (0) 9 264 31 30.
- can be downloaded from the internet (see link above)
Please note that this information has expired.