Regional Environmental Centre - Sustainable cities
|Keywords||Urban biodiversity, Environment,|
This information module is the result of the joint work of five leading organizations in the field of sustainable development, located all across the world. The focus of this on-line module is urban sustainability, which is highlighted both from a general (global) as well as from a more focused (local, regional) context.
The module is set up along the following major pillars:
- Definitions and basics. Urban sustainable development is considered in many different ways - especially in different geographical/economical/social contexts. This section clarifies how the participating project partners approach the issue.
- Advantages of sustainable cities. The issue is highlighted from a general point of view as well as from a regional context.
- Major barriers hindering the progress towards sustainable cities.
- Regional information. The module takes a closer look-at the following countries/continents: India, Africa, Europe, South America, Canada. Information was collected and compiled by organizations working in each geographical area.
- Links to relevant resources on the Internet. A comprehensive collection of relevant Internet resources. Each link is accompanied by a short summary.
- Project partners. The information for this module was compiled and edited by a group of collaborating environmental institutions and non-governmental organizations. This section gives you more information on these partners.
The link to the project results http://www.rec.org/REC/Programs/SustainableCities/ is not accessible anymore !