Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Call for nominations to the 2020 GBIF Young Researchers Award
- SYNTHESYS+ Access Call 2 is open
- GTI alumnus, Evariste Hermann Teadoumg, promoted as lecturer at Yaoundé I University
- AFORPOLIS Conference Call for Abstracts
- PhD Scholarships for Study at the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Kenya