World Ocean Day 2015
World Oceans Day, held every June 8th, is the UN-recognized day of ocean celebration and action. People all over our blue planet organize celebrations to support action to protect the ocean. This year, the theme is Healthy oceans, healthy planet with special attention to pollution by plastic waste.
A special event is organised in the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences.
|Event location||Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences Rue Vautierstraat 29, 1000 Brussels|
- Follow a live autopsy of a stranded porpoise and seal
- Gather information on oceanographic research
- Skype with our research vessel RV Belgica in the Atlantic ocean
- Eat and drink ocean literacy in our cafeteria
- Enjoy dancers and garbage artists
- Follow a guided tour around our ocean treasures
- Participate in workshops on the ocean
- Watch a movie