Princess Elisabeth Antarctic Station Inauguration in Brussels: Public Access
To celebrate the International Polar Year 2007-2008, Belgium has commissioned the International Polar Foundation (IPF) to design and build the first polar research station functioning entirely on renewable energies.
This event offers you the unique opportunity to take a look at the Princess Elisabeth "zero emission" station before it is disassembled and transported by ship to Antarctica, where it will be re-assembled from November to February 2008.
|Period||[06/09/2007 - 09/09/2007]|
|Event location||Tour & Taxis Brussels|
|Host||International Polar Foundation|
The station will be accessible to the public from the 6th to the 9th of September from 10 00 am to 6 00 pm.
- Entrance: 5 EUR (free for children under 14 years old)
- The technical partners and sponsors of the project will hold booths to present their contributions to the station
- Exhibitions on the making of the station and on climate change and polar research will be accessible
- Special speakers will be giving conferences on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th of September
- Movies on the poles and on the station's construction will also be projected