Biodiversity Conservation in DR Congo: challenges and opportunities for Kahuzi-Biega National Park
The 2nd of March 2020, ITN Cafrinat organises the event “Biodiversity Conservation in DR Congo: challenges and opportunities for Kahuzi-Biega National Park”, together with the International Forestry Student’s Organisation Ghent and Africa Platform of Ghent University
|Event location||Auditorium Filmzaal, Campus Aula Paddenhoek 3, 9000 Gent|
Students, colleagues and external interested parties are invited. Registration is free and now open through https://www.cafrinat.be/events.
Participants are welcome to the informal reception afterwards.
- Welcome by Prof. Guido Van Huylenbroeck, Director of Internationalization & Margot Lenssens, The International Forestry Students' Association Ghent
- Scientific Research in action in DR Congo: a documentary by Adam Amir
- Introduction to Kahuzi-Biega National Park - Prof. Landry Cizungu, Université Catholique de Bukavu
- Kahuzi-Biega: a personal journalistic view - Experiences in and around the park in the context of the ongoing conflicts - Peter Verlinden
- Opportunities and challenges for the sustainable management of Kahuzi-Biega National Park, a preliminary analysis by CAFRINAT - Prof. Pascal Boeckx, Ghent University
- The way to go for sustainable park management - Prof. Kris Verheyen, Ghent University
- Panel discussion - moderator Peter Verlinden