9th International Phytotechnology Society (IPS) Conference
This conference will bring together scientists, consultants, designers, engineers, builders, regulators, site owners, and site users to explore phytotechnologies to address current and emerging environmental challenges.
|Period||[11/09/2012 - 14/09/2012]|
|Event location||Hasselt University Campus Hasselt, Martelarenlaan 42, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium|
|See the agenda||http://www.uhasselt.be/UH/IPS-General/Conference-program.html|
This conference will bring together scientists, consultants, designers, engineers, builders, regulators, site owners, and site users to explore phytotechnologies to address current and emerging environmental challenges. Phytotechnologies - plant-based strategies to clean water, soil, air and provide ecosystem services - have an effective power beyond their science when integrated into our managed landscapes.
The Conference will feature a range of topics:
- Phytoremediation Research on Contaminant Fate
- Phytoremediation Field Projects
- Phytoremediation of Toxic Metals
- Phytoremediation of Organic Contaminants
- Phytotechnologies for Use in Developing Economies
- Ecorestoration and Habitat Creation
- Biofuels and Bioenergy
- Passive Housing, Greenbuilding, Greenroof Technology
- Carbon Sequestration
- Vegetative Covers
- Constructed Wetlands
- Stormwater Management
- Phytomonitoring/ phytoforensics
- Plant-nanoparticle Interactions
- Molecular Engineering Related to Phytotechnologies
- Ecosystem Services
Informative sessions and lively discussions will provide an ideal environment for developing new relationships and ideas. Mini plenary speakers (by invitation) will introduce each session topic, and session speakers include local, regional, and international experts. Pre-conference workshops will give the opportunity to see projects in action.
In addition, coffee breaks and social activities will give the participants the opportunity to “taste” Belgium while post-conference tours will allow discovery of the beauty of Belgium.