Article 24. Secretariat
1. A secretariat is hereby established. Its functions shall be:
- To arrange for and service meetings of the Conference of the Parties provided for in Article 23;
- To perform the functions assigned to it by any protocol;
- To prepare reports on the execution of its functions under this Convention and present them to the Conference of the Parties;
- To coordinate with other relevant international bodies and, in particular to enter into such administrative and contractual arrangements as may be required for the effective discharge of its functions; and
- To perform such other functions as may be determined by the Conference of the Parties.
2. At its first ordinary meeting, the Conference of the Parties shall designate the secretariat from amongst those existing competent international organizations which have signified their willingness to carry out the secretariat functions under this Convention.