Open Funding Opportunities on Wildlife Conservation
3rd March is celebrated as World Wildlife Day in order to recognize and celebrate the beauty of diversity among wild fauna and flora and to raise awareness of the multitude of benefits that conservation provides to people. Despite of wildlife being the ultimate natural beauty, species are becoming endangered day by day while some are already extinct...
The Rapid Response Facility accepts applications year-round, and prioritises its resources to fund emergency conservation activities in high-biodiversity value sites facing acute threats.
|Keywords||funding, conservation, endangered species|
The Rapid Response Facility (RRF) is a small grants programme jointly operated by UNESCO World Heritage Center, Foundation Franz Weber and Fauna & Flora International. The RRF provides emergency funding of up to US $30,000 to address severe and time sensitive threats to endangered biodiversity, primarily within UNESCO natural World Heritage sites. RRF prioritises its resources to fund emergency conservation activities in high-biodiversity value sites facing acute threats.
- Make funding decisions within an average eight working days from receipt of applications;
- Mobilize funds quickly to respond to emergency situations in natural World Heritage sites, and occasionally in other sites of high biodiversity value;
- Provide bridging funds for sites where longer-term funding is being sought – thus helping to help ensure sustainability of RRF interventions; and
- Catalyse innovative financing initiatives as part of long-term support for sites.
Size of Grants
Grants of US $5,000 to US $30,000 are awarded for a period of up to six months.
Grants Awarded: To date, the Rapid Response Facility has awarded 35 grants (33 small grants and 2 interim grants) in 20 developing or transitional countries and one UK Overseas Territory. Small grants awarded have a total value of US$848,368.95
Beneficiaries eligible for grants include:
- Statutory agencies responsible for site management (for example, national natural resource/wildlife agencies, park managers, etc.);
- Registered local, national or international non-governmental organisations; and
- The private sector (including local and multinational corporations).
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
Please note that this information has expired.