Abstract submission for Young Researchers’ Overseas Day (KAOW-ARSOM) - 13 December 2016
On Tuesday, 13 December 2016, the second Young Researchers’ Overseas Day is organized by the Royal Academy for Overseas Sciences. This event is aimed at researchers aged younger than 40 who are working overseas. It provides an opportunity to meet, discuss, and exchange ideas and to learn more about the Royal Academy for Overseas Sciences and its activities.
Abstracts must be received in English, French, or Dutch by 30 September 2016.
|Keywords||research, networking, biodiversity, nutrition, environment, health|
There are six sessions based on distinct scientific themes. Each session includes one introductory talk by a distinguished scientist and two talks by young researchers, along with associated poster presentations. An open session is available for topics that fall outside the six themes. English is preferable for papers and posters, but submissions in French or Flemish are also welcome.
Participation is free but registration is required.
1. One-Health: environment, animal and human well-being
2. Biodiversity and its role in nutrition and livelihood provision
3. Anthropogenic and natural influences on society: characterization, historical inventory, monitoring and resilience
4. World population growth and economic and social evolutions: megacities, poverty, migration, epidemics, infrastructure, transport, …
5. Learning from the past: archaeology, history and insights in 21st century society
6. Communication, Old and New Languages
7. Open Session
08.30 – 09.00 Registration and poster set-up.
09.00 – 09.30 Welcome address
Introduction to the Royal Academy for Overseas Sciences.
09.30 – 10.20 Talks.
10.20 – 11.00 Coffee and poster session.
11.00 – 12.40 Talks.
12.40 – 13.40 Lunch and poster session.
13.40 – 15.20 Talks.
15.20 – 16.00 Coffee and poster session.
16.00 – 16.50 Talks.
16.50 – 17.50 Discussion and concluding address.
Abstracts must be received in English, French, or Dutch by 30 September 2016. Please use the template available at the website of the Royal Academy for Overseas Sciences (link below):
The Scientific Committee will evaluate the abstract and decide whether you can participate with a lecture or a poster.
Submission of abstract: 30 September 2016
Notification: 20 October 2016
Registration: 15 November 2016
Paleis der Academiën / Palais des Académies
Hertogsstraat / Rue Ducale 1
Please note that this information has expired.