Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism of the Kingdom of Bahrain
Latest news of CBD
- A Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) geared towards enhancing cooperation between the Secretariats of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the FAO International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture was signed today on the margins of the second meeting of CBD's Subsidiary Body on Implementation, being held in Montreal, Canada.
- Statement by Dr. Cristiana Pa?ca Palmer, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of the second meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation, 9-13 July 2018, Montreal, Canada
- A global platform for sharing information about the world's biodiversity has passed a major milestone, with the publication of the one-billionth species record of where a species lives through the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).
- Online platform allows policymakers and other partners to access global data layers, upload and manipulate their own datasets, and query multiple datasets to provide key information on the Aichi Biodiversity Targets and nature-based Sustainable Development Goals.
- Statement by the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Ms. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, at the twenty-second meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice, 2-7 July 2018, Montreal, Canada