Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism of the Kingdom of Bahrain
Latest news of CBD
- Statement by Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Acting Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of World Wetlands Day
- Due to the ongoing situation following the outbreak of the novel coronavirus 2019, the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), in consultation with the Government of the People's Republic of China, the COP (Conference of the Parties) Presidency and the Co-Chairs of the Open-ended Working Group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (WG2020-2), has decided that the second meeting of the Working Group will take place in Rome, Italy at the headquarters of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) on the same dates, 24 - 29 February 2020.
- Twenty years ago, on 29 January 2000, Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) adopted the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety. The Cartagena Protocol entered into force on 11 September 2003.
- Statement by Ms. Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Acting Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, at the fifty-seventh meeting of the Council of the Global Environment Facility, Wednesday, 18 December 2019, Washington D.C., United States of America
- The nature that surrounds us, sustains us. Ensuring that it can continue to do so for future generations is a trust bestowed on us all.