Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism of the Kingdom of Bahrain
Latest news of CBD
- 25 years ago, in December 1993, the Convention on Biological Diversity entered into force. It was the realisation of a project for sustainable development that had taken the world decades to achieve.
- The rich variety of life on Earth is essential for the welfare and prosperity of people today and for generations to come.
- Statement of the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, on the occasion of the Ministerial Roundtable on Forest-based Solutions for Accelerating Achievement of the SDGs, at the thirteenth session of the United Nations Forum On Forests, New York, 7 May 2018.
- Rachel Carson, the late American biologist and conservationist, suggested "there is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of the birds... something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature - the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter."
- The May 2018 edition of the Global Partnership for Business and Biodiversity newsletter is now available.